We need equal rights, not special rights, for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Rebecca introduced legislation to require LGBTQ+ awareness curriculum in New York State education.
- Rebecca passed legislation to continue the fight to protect the transgender community for discrimination.
- Rebecca passed legislation banning conversion therapy to prohibit mental health professionals from practicing on patients under 18.
- To honor the life of LGBTQ+ activist Edie Windsor, Rebecca introduced a New York State resolution for Edie Windsor Day.
- As an advocate for LGTBQ+ families Rebecca has sponsored legislation for the Office of Court Administration to ensure equity in the assignment of responsibility in support of minor children.
- Rebecca has cosponsored legislation to ban gay panic defense by uniformed officers as well as establish the LGBTA youth suicide prevention task force.