Rebecca has taken a lead role in protecting and enhancing women’s rights in New York State.
- Rebecca is the first woman to represent the 76th Assembly District.
- Rebecca is proud to be the lead sponsor and champion for recent passage of the Equal Rights Amendment which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.
- Rebecca has passed legislation to require the Department of State, in collaboration with the Department of Taxation and Finance, to conduct a study on the number of women serving on each board of directors of domestic and foreign corporations authorized to do business in New York State.
- Rebecca passed legislation to require the creation of a public database showing female representation in public policy-making positions.
- Rebecca cosponsored the Reproductive Health Act which enshrined Roe v. Wade into New York State law.
- Rebecca is a persistent advocate for the expansion of Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise Programs which ensures equal access to state contracts.
- Rebecca has cosponsored numerous bills resulting in new protections on sexual harassment and assault.