Assemblymember Seawright has persistently aided members of our community in numerous ways to combat the coronavirus pandemic:
- Rebecca initiated weekly virtual Town Hall Tuesdays as part of her ongoing commitment to address the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and issues such as housing and rent, education, higher education, mental health and wellness, human rights, parks and recreations, small business concerns, and more.
- Rebecca has delivered thousands of personal protective equipment (PPE) to hospitals, nursing homes, local businesses, constituents, and has held press conferences to shed light and transparency on nursing home conditions.
- Rebecca has worked to establish a coronavirus disease public employee death benefit.
- Rebecca has worked to ensure hundreds of constituents receive their unemployment insurance.
- Rebecca fought for and co-sponsored the expansion of the New York State paid sick leave program.
- Starting in April Rebecca has regularly hand delivered meals to homebound seniors calling on volunteers to join her.